Illinois, are you ready to spark? You’re in for a green New Year, and we can see the excitement building up in weed-related social media around the web. Here’s a round-up of scheduled cannabis events in Illinois for the coming 2020 season.
Cannabis Events in Illinois 2020
Illinois Cannabis Guide launch party
Wed, January 1, 2020
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM CST
9 West Washington Street
Chicago, IL 60602
This all new resource guide and directory includes Medical and Recreational Cannabis Resources such as:
- Illinois Medical Dispensaries List and Locator Map
- Interviews and News
- Profiles and Statistics
- Photo Gallery
- Marketplace and Display Advertising
- The State of Cannabis in USA and Illinois
- Social Equity
- Illinois Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act
- Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Program Act
- Listings and Classifieds
Like typical Midwesterners, we’ll start by reading the manual. This guide looks to be a great collection of everything you need to know about Illinois cannabis in one place, so get it here, save a ton of Googling later.
HOW TO SETUP A CANNABIS EDIBLE COMPANY IN ILLINOIS in Chicago
Saturday, January 4, 2020
444 N Michigan ave , Suite 1200
When you compete this class you will be able to set up an edible company then begin making and selling cannabis edibles. Bong Appetit!
- How to create and set up a LLC for your Cannabis Company in Illinois
- How to qualify for Social Equity Applicant program to get loans for your Edible Company
- How to approach the application process to get an Edible Infuser Organization License
- Criteria for awarding licenses in Illinois
- What you need to know to write an effective Edible’s Business Plan
- Learn what types of equipment and facility needed to get up and running quickly and smoothly
- The laws and regulations governing recreations cannabis in Illinois
- Home base kitchen table startups strategies and tips
Show us all how you do cannabis edibles “Chicago style”!
Medical & Adult-Use Marijuana Dispensary Training with State Certification
Saturday, January 11, 2020
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM CST
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago OHare Airport
2930 S River Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60018
This course includes the state-required 2-hour dispensary training so you can work in a state-licensed dispensary in Illinois. In addition to the state-required training and certification, this course includes 2 hours of dispensary educational training. You’ll get essential information that you need to not just land a job in the cannabis industry but also to be a successful employee and build a long-term career.
Just some of the training topics that will be covered:
- Rules and laws for adult and medical use dispensing in Illinois
- Health and safety standards
- Compliance with Illinois inventory traceability system and inventory taking process
- Packaging and labeling requirements for sales to purchasers
- Knowledge about cannabis strains, cannabinoids, the endocannabinoid system, and chemistry
- Exclusive list of Staffing agencies in Illinois
There is much more, too much to list here. You even get a take-home course guidebook. For one stop, you get Illinois state certification, full training, and resources to launch a cannabis business in Illinois.
We will update this page with new events as applicable. For now, the cannabis business in Illinois is just getting rolling (see what we did there?), so it’s more about the first steps here.
We predict Illinois is going to do very well in the cannabis business
Just look at the map:
Look how many states now have Illinois as their closest cannabis access point. The whole Southwestern US is all Illinois’ market this year, plus a couple Midwestern states. Illinois is uniquely positioned to welcome some cannabis tourism this year the same way Colorado was when it first legalized.
Got anymore Illinois cannabis events we should know about?
Feel free to add them here in the comments or in our newly redesigned forum!