Ease of use
This week, we will take a look at the Seahorse Pro Electric Nectar Collector & Dab Pen from Lookah Vapes. Lookah Vapes currently offers a varied selection of glass rigs, bongs, pipes, recyclers, herb and wax vaporizers among other miscellaneous smoking accessories. Currently, they offer three different variations of their flagship nectar collector, the Seahorse. For instance, the Seahorse Pro is their 2nd generation while the Seahorse Max is their 3rd generation of Seahorse dab pens. The full retail price for the Lookah Seahorse Pro kit currently runs for $59.99. But for this review, I will be specifically considering their second generation, the Seahorse Pro.
- Long-lasting battery
- Solid strength
- Convenient portability
- Unique versatility
- See-through vapor window
- Works with most 510-threaded cartridges
The Lookah Seahorse Pro is the flagship device of Lookah Vapes
The Lookah Seahorse Pro is their latest version of their previous flagship device, the Seahorse. The Seahorse Pro is possibly one of the most versatile electronic nectar collectors with a unique form factor. The Seahorse Pro uses a long-lasting 650 mAh variable voltage battery with three primary heat settings: STL Result Today
- Blue (Low): 3.2v (for best flavor)
- Purple (Medium): 3.6v (most recommended setting)
- White (High): 4.1v (for best vapor production)
Unlike other similar electronic nectar collector kits, this kit includes a silicone hose that connects to any 10-14mm glass rig/bong for water filtration. Unlike the Little Dipper, this is also a solid and reliable 510-threaded cartridge battery. In fact, you can smoke your preferred cartridge from either side of the unit itself. Compared to other similar rigs, this is less bulky than both the Inhalco Stinger and Inhalco Toker electronic nectar collectors. In addition to being a versatile nectar collector, this also functions as an unconventional 510-threaded cartridge battery.
Upon opening the box, the Lookah Seahorse Pro includes the following:
- Seahorse PRO unit
- Tip/coil cap
- Quartz coil
- User manual
- Cleaning brush
- USB charging cable
- Silicone hose w/ 14 & 18mm adapter
This nectar collector stands out with its see-through vapor window. This feature is similar to the vapor window on the Linx Blaze, which is also a compact wax pen with a cartridge battery. Overall, this felt slightly more efficient than the Little Dipper electronic dab straw. On the other hand, the EVRI 3-in-1 multi-functional nectar collector felt slightly more efficient than the Lookah Seahorse Pro. The Seahorse has a convenient vapor window that allows you to see through the chamber, which is helpful to know exactly when to start inhaling. The Seahorse Pro features two different modes: a manual mode and an exclusive session mode.
The Lookah Seahorse Pro is very easy to use and convenient:
- Charge the Seahorse Pro battery (Red light means low battery, cyan means fully charged battery)
- Turn on the Seahorse Pro by pressing the power button five times quickly within 2 seconds
- Hold down the power button for 3 secs for manual mode/press the power button 3 times quickly to activate the exclusive mode
- Gently touch the surface of your extract with the tip
- Inhale slowly through the mouthpiece
- Attach the connecting hose to any glass bong/rig for water filtration
Here’s a brief look at the main differences between similar electronic nectar collectors:
|Little Dipper||EVRI 3-in-1||Lookah Seahorse Pro|
|650mAh||900 mAh||650 mAh|
|Doesn’t work with 510-threaded cartridges||Works with most 510-threaded cartridges||Works with most 510-threaded cartridges|
|Primarily works as a single function as a nectar collector||Multi-functionality as a dab pen & nectar collector||Includes vapor window, multi-functionality as a dab pen & nectar collector|
|2.6v, 3.4v, 3.8v||2.6v, 3.4v, 3.8v||3.2v, 3.6v, 4.1v|
The cleaning and maintenance are similar to most electronic nectar collectors, such as the ERVI 3-in-1 device and the Little Dipper nectar collector:
- Remove the coil after use
- Remove the glass tube/mouthpiece
- Soak the glass tube/mouthpiece in 90%+ isopropyl alcohol
- Insert the cleaning brush into the 510 thread to remove any clogs or residue
- Wipe down the Seahorse Pro unit and charge the battery
Here are a few tips on cleaning the Lookah Seahorse Pro:
- Do NOT clean the tip with the cleaning brush that is included in the kit with any cleaning liquids/solvents because this will ruin or damage the tip over time.
- Make sure you burn all the extract off the tip after each dab. If you leave any extracts and/or residue on the tip/within the airway path, it will clog then possibly ruin or damage the coil.
View this post on Instagram
Concluding our thoughts on the Lookah Seahorse Pro
When it’s all said and done, the Lookah Seahorse Pro is recommended for its long-lasting battery, solid strength, convenient portability, and unique versatility. It also has a multi-functionality as an electronic nectar collector and a 510-threaded cartridge battery. This nectar collector felt almost or just as efficient as the EVRI 3-in-1 device from Dip Devices. However, unlike the 3-in-1 EVRI device, Lookah Seahorse Pro features a convenient vapor window that allows you to see your hit. The Lookah Seahorse Pro is available in various colors and designs for $44.95 here.
Have you tried Lookah Seahorse Pro? Let us know in the comments or on our forum.
how do you clean the tip? Do you soak in alcohol? Does inside that can’t be burned off get clogged?
this hits sooooo strong! i love the lookah seahorse pro and the limited editions have sick ass colors